> As an aside, if Garmin (a well-respected GPS developer/manufacturer) has
> "switched" to using OSM (even if only ONE of its products!), that says a
> great deal of "wonderful" for the quality of and confidence in our data.
> (Which have for some time found their way into Telenav's Scout products,
> too).

In fact Garmin started using OSM maps aleady in summer 2013 on the edge
Touring. This map goes by various names, in Germany it was announced as "
europaweiter Garmin Fahrradkarte auf OSM-Basis ", in Italy " Garmin Cycle
Map "

If you are looking for bicycle maps for Garmin on OSM base, try

   - Openfietsmap light [1]
   - velomap [2]
   - OpenMTBmap [3]

[1] http://www.openfietsmap.nl/downloads/worldwide