OK, after speaking to some folks, I am here:

1.  Permission:
    There's an address on their website (g...@miamidade.gov). I asked
    them specifically about availability for openstreetmap.org. I got
    a response from the lady in charge (I know her) that said:

    "The data is freely available for download and use with the understanding
that it is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct, or
     complete and conclusions drawn from such information are the sole
responsibility of the user."

    I saved the email, in case it is needed.

2.  Which data:
    Originally, I thought a "point" layer for all addresses would be great
    because it would allow address search without the weight of a full polygon.
I've been told OSM prefers address tags on buildings.
    Thus, it's 2 layers we would need:
    a) address with point representation:
    https://gis-mdc.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/address-with-condo
    b) building footprint polygons:
    https://gis-mdc.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/building-footprint-2d

3.  Things that need to be done, which I know how to do:
    The data needs to be "massaged".
    The address data includes "condo". Thus, it has an address for each unit in
a building. That needs to be trimmed to just one street
    address per building.
    Address abbreviations need to be converted. (ie. 1234 NW 33rd Ct needs to
become 1234 Northwest 33 Court).

4.  Things that need to be done, which I don't know how to do:
    ALMOST EVERYTHING. :)
    Some building footprints already exist and some of them have an address.
There would need to be a way to determine duplication.
    I have AutoCad & ESRI experience, but know nothing of OSM data & tools.
    I don't know any local people that are doing this. Is there a way to
    find them?

Thanks to all who have already helped me.

(_8'()