On 03/03/2019 16:09, Richard Welty wrote:
what can/should we be doing about this sort of stuff? i'm really
at a bit of a loss here.

Aside from the excellent technical suggestion that's already been made, I'd suggest a polite changeset discussion comment, explaining that the imagery that they're using there is out of date or wrong for some other reason.

Changeset discussion comments have an advantage over direct OSM messages in that they are visible to all, which tends to mean that (a) everyone is that much more nice to each other and (b) other mappers may know that there is a potential problem.  Also, if you get no reply and need to ask the Data Working Group for help we can easily see the details of the problem, without have to ask you to repeat what you've already sent in PMs.

Best Regards,

Andy (from the DWG)