From: stevea <stevea...@softworkers.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2019 11:47 AM
To: talk-us <talk-us@openstreetmap.org>; Max Erickson <maxerick...@gmail.com>;
Kerry Irons <irons54vor...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Great Lakes Circle (Tours, bicycle) GIS-folk?

Thank you Max and Kerry for your posts.  I think we can agree that USBR 10 in
Michigan's Upper Peninsula is a "real route" that happens to be unsigned, but
it has been selected and is maintained by MDOT and is officially designated and
cataloged by AASHTO as USBR 10.

I think what Max referred to is he doesn't see any LMCT signage here, either.
This signage does exist (e.g.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Lakes_Circle_Tour#/media/File:USRoute151NorthTerminus2.jpg
 ) though I am still unclear whether this is solely a route=road (for
automobiles) or is that PLUS a route for cyclists as well (and there may be
differences in actual infrastructure — that, too, remains unclear to me).  I
have not yet received word whether there is an organization which erects these
signs (for four or five Great Lakes?) which might or likely does "administer"
the routes themselves, though I continue to seek out such a contact person /
GIS "department" or organization.  Kerry, do you know anything along these
lines?

SteveA