Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately, the State of Maine LIDAR project doesn't yet have data
available where I'm trying to map; in many cases, LIDAR would actually be
preferable to even leaf-off-orthoimagery, as forest roads tend to stand out
a lot better.

The state regional orthoimagery is generally speaking, out-of-date compared
to the other datasources available in id (particularly bing when not zoomed
in all the way). Thanks for pointing out the NAIP, though, as that is
definitely more recent than most and very helpful even if the resolution
isn't ideal. Based on foliage coloration, it looks like fall flights, so
it's a little better than midsummer at least.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 11:57 AM Kevin <ksamp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maine has some nice ortho imagery available through their arcgis
> services..
> https://gis.maine.gov/arcgis/rest/services/imageryBaseMapsEarthCover
>
> It looks like you'll want to look at the orthoRegional datasets.  You can
> just browse what's available here...
>
> https://maine.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=56500882464149b3ae028b51665e5e56
>

> I'm not sure how to add an image service to iD but it looks like it does
> support WMS.
>
> Also it looks like NAIP was flown in the area in 2018.  Although NAIP
> isn't typically leaf off or super high resolution, it may be of help.  The
> USDA image service for the US can be found here.
> https://gis.apfo.usda.gov/arcgis/rest/services
>
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 9:20 PM Kevin Broderick <k...@kevinbroderick.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have an ODbL-compatible source of leaf-off imagery for Maine, by
>> any chance? I'm particularly interested in the area around Bethel, as I'm
>> trying to update minor roadways, add buildings with driveways, etc.,
>> and even switching between the various imagery available in id leaves a lot
>> of questions unanswered. Leaf-off imagery would be incredibly helpful, the
>> more so if it were actually recent.
>>
>> (Yes, I've been surveying where feasible, but I'm not about to start
>> going up driveways to get building dimensions.)
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Kevin Broderick
>> k...@kevinbroderick.com