Thank you for sharing this, Jinal!

There is of course a significant overlap between OSM volunteers and
Wikimedia people, so every year there is something specifically about OSM
at Wikimania, and cartography in the service of Wikimedia projects in
general. We also usually organise a mapping party for Wikimania. Once the
date is confirmed, I'll also post that on this list.

I'm on the Wikimania committee, and we have a limited number of
scholarships available to fund South African Open Knowledge
volunteers/advocates to attend Wikimania, and this can fund your travel,
registration fees and accommodation. Check out
http://wikimedia.org.za/wiki/Wikimania_2018_Scholarship_Applications if
you're interested and you have something to bring to the conference.

Cheers,

David Richfield