Unfortunately only the international Wikimedia Foundation scholarship would
be open to people traveling from India, and that process is already
complete. The scholarships from Wikimedia South Africa are only for people
traveling from South Africa or possibly SADEC countries if there's a good
rationale.

On 28 March 2018 at 15:29, Jinal Foflia <fofliaji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> This is great to hear, I'm really excited about the Mapathon happening at
> the conference. It's always awesome to see both these communities working
> together and coming up with something amazing! Thank you for offering the
> scholarship :) I'm based out of India, so it's hard for me making to the
> conference. Would be happy to share ideas and work with folks on OSM
> related sessions.
>
> Cheers,
> Jinal Foflia
>
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 10:41 PM, David Richfield <
> davidrichfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for sharing this, Jinal!
>>
>> There is of course a significant overlap between OSM volunteers and
>> Wikimedia people, so every year there is something specifically about OSM
>> at Wikimania, and cartography in the service of Wikimedia projects in
>> general. We also usually organise a mapping party for Wikimania. Once the
>> date is confirmed, I'll also post that on this list.
>>
>> I'm on the Wikimania committee, and we have a limited number of
>> scholarships available to fund South African Open Knowledge
>> volunteers/advocates to attend Wikimania, and this can fund your travel,
>> registration fees and accommodation. Check out http://wikimedia.org.za/wi
>> ki/Wikimania_2018_Scholarship_Applications if you're interested and you
>> have something to bring to the conference.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> David Richfield
>>
>> On 20 March 2018 at 08:03, Jinal Foflia <fofliaji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Wanted to share about the Wikimania 2018 [1] happening in Cape Town,
>>> South Africa on July 18-22, 2018, it's the annual international conference
>>> that celebrates Wikipedia and its sister free knowledge projects. Find out
>>> more details about the conference and the previous conference here -
>>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jinalfoflia/diary/43529
>>>
>>> It’ll be great if the South Africa/Cape Town OSM communities would want
>>> to participate, conduct BoF sessions or present lightning talks.
>>> OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia communities have a lot in common, let's meet,
>>> collaborate and make the most of this opportunity!
>>>
>>> [1] - https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Jinal Foflia

David Richfield