Er, actually, bios is generally considered software, so having jumpers or jumper cables in that wouldn't be very practical. Now, if you're talking about the hardware on which bios runs, then that's a different story entirely.

Derek Roberts wrote:
Rofl. I haven't had much sparking in my life, except when one of my brothers pead on an icky and generally bad direct tv receiver thing, at which point it started phizzing, popping and doing other bad things, which could've possibly resulted in an electrical fire. Think I meant jumpers, not jumper cables. Ya know, those fancy things in your bios?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Perdue" <patr...@pdaudio.net>
To: "talk2" <talk2@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: The Talk2 List hi

What do jumper cables have to do with PC's? Someone is a bit too tech oriented in a bad way, I think.

We can, however, do something dumb, like running the individual posts of your power supply from individual car batteries to see what happens. That could be interesting with some of the 5V power rails. Of course, AC at 240V is probably more sparkey, poppy and generally fun to smell in the morning, along with the coffee. Or, in the case of the old hotpoint freezer/refrigerator we used to have, a beautiful refreshing smell as the freezer is opened. Makes all the food inside a bit more yummy as well. It adds an electric quality to it, so to speak.

Derek Roberts wrote:
Mmm, jumper cables, those are fun. Unless you break them on the only machine you have and can't boot because of it . Fortunately, this hasn't happened to me yet and can't slash won't until I scrap the old machine I have, and I don't think I'll play with the cables in my only machine after that.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Perdue" <patr...@pdaudio.net>