The baseball playoffs have begun! Ok, so to be perfectly honest, I'd sooner watch a Bolivian cabinet meeting than catch a baseball game. However for the one or two people who may enjoy the sport, it will be paid a respectful tribute on the show tonight. Aside from being both Columbus Day and Canada's Thanksgiving yesterday, October 13 is almost one-eighth as significant. For today marks the one hundred ninety-fifth anniversary of Sir Isaac Brock's successful repulsion of American forces under Stephen Van Rensselaer at The Battle of Queenston Heights. This brought about a swift end to the Niagara Campaign, which had been undertaken by The United States for the expressed purpose of laying siege to British positions in Canada during The War of 1812. I suppose it's rare when Canada can revel in any sort of military anniversary, so we here at The John Zone will relent and allow them this one, as well as commemorate the aforementioned Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving. Tonight we also celebrate the birthdays of Ashanti, 29; Sacha Baron Cohen (better known to the world as Borat), 38; British opera singer Paul Potts, 39; Rhett Akins, 40; Joey Belladonna (of Anthrax), 49; Sammy Hagar, 62; Robert Lamm (of Chicago), 65; and Paul Simon, 68. All this and the latest Michael Jackson single, as well as your requests, comments, and leftover potato salad are welcomed beginning tonight at 11PM BST, 6PM EDT, 5PM CDT, 3PM PDT, noon HAST, 11AM SST, and Wednesday at midnight CEST, 8AM EST, 9AM EDT, 11AM NZDT, and 1PM LINT at either http://listen.tbrn.net:8888/tbrn.ogg.m3u or http://listen.tbrn.net:8888/tbrn.mp3.m3u.

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.