On 2018-02-02 09:14, David Collier-Brown via talk wrote:
Later this month I'm joining a company that is fairly Go-intensive.
They originally prototyped in Perl, but over time needed more
performance but not to the level that would require assembler or even
C.

What else have folks observed?

I've migrated a couple of personal and work stuff from Python 2 to Go in the last three months.

I've found that there is a larger third party library community now and the syntax isn't that foreign looking to me anymore, (see this Gist for an example, <https://gist.github.com/myles/a8ed889f4de1cde6be8be2640b34c89e>).

Also that speed gain is hard to ignore.

I wouldn't write a web application in Go but I would write a bunch of background tasks and use gopy[0] to integrate Python and Go together.

[0]: <https://github.com/go-python/gopy>
---
Talk Mailing List
talk@gtalug.org