On 2022-11-21 23:41, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
Rogers isn't going to give you a static IP address.  My Rogers line
changes IP address randomly but on average about once a year.

I am on Rogers and my IPv4 address is virtually static.  Also, the host name is based on modem and firewall/router MAC addresses and only changes if I change hardware.  On IPv6 my /56 prefix has remained the same for a few years and has survived replacing, at different times, the modem and the computer I run pfSense on.

I don't believe Bell provides IPv6, though some resellers over Bell do.