On 2023-04-30 10:35, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
This sounds like a reasonable solution until you actually set up the router.
On 192.168.0.0 - - - - well I haven't found a way to talk directly to more than
254 devices - - - - or have you?

Now if you want to blow a lot of money on routers you could have a router
for each of the 253 addresses in 192.168.a.x   (the "a" section) - - - then you
would need one more router to manage all the other routers - - - - which to me
seems rather redundant power hungry and not worth my time.

????

There's a lot more to routers than the typical D-Link SOHO router, where /24 is typical.  I run pfSense, which is in many ways comparable to routers from Cisco, etc.  I can  choose whatever subnet size I want on IPv4.  On IPv6 it's always /64.  Larger networks might very well have more than 254 devices attached.  Of course, you don't want too many, as there will be a lot of broadcast noise.  There's no such thing as broadcasts on IPv6.