On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 09:35:04AM -0500, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> This sounds like a reasonable solution until you actually set up the router.
> On 192.168.0.0 - - - - well I haven't found a way to talk directly to more
> than
> 254 devices - - - - or have you?
>
> Now if you want to blow a lot of money on routers you could have a router
> for each of the 253 addresses in 192.168.a.x   (the "a" section) - - - then
> you
> would need one more router to manage all the other routers - - - - which to me
> seems rather redundant power hungry and not worth my time.

Certainly my router has a field for specifying the subnet size when
configuring the local network.  Seems perfectly common.

Now if you use your AP provided by Bell with the default config, then yes
it will be a /24 and they might not make it easy to change the config,
but it almost certainly can be done.

--
Len Sorensen