This message is unauthorized by the board, but I thought I'd float these
ideas anyway.

Alex used to do a wonderful job of filming, editing, and publishing our
meetings.  Lots of work.  Alex has stepped back.

Since we've had virtual meetings, we have made recordings.  But none has
been edited and uploaded to YouTube.  (Did Alex upload them to other
places too?) https://www.youtube.com/@GtalugOrg

We used to get a modest number of views -- usually more than the number of
people attending the meeting.  One of my segments seems to have 20k views!

Is anyone interested in trying to do editing and uploading?  This might be
something that could be shared.

Some reasons why this would be useful

- for our members who miss meetings

- outreach: to let more folks know that we (still) exist and what we do

- to share more broadly

PS: in my opinion, the number of views does not correlate with the merits
of the video's content.  That hints to me that better marketing should be
able to get more people watching.