From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of Steve Jacobson via Talk
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 10:24 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: RE: synth suggestion

Rod,

Clearly you have had better luck than I have had, but I've consistently been
disappointed on two computers.  That
being said, even if I was disappointed, some might find the trade-off I
experienced to be worth the quality of
speech.  In addition, your experience has been different than mine and there
is likely an undiscovered reason that
is the case, so perhaps what can be said is that one might want to try the
synthesizers out before purchasing, or
purchase knowing that their experience could vary.  Meanwhile, I am going to
check the settings on the desktop
computer upon which I have those voices installed to see if there might be
something I can change to improve
performance, although I am very satisfied with the performance of Eloquence.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

List archives can be found at