This is true in any email composition window because none of them use browse mode. F8 is only used in browse mode which is only active when viewing messages and only if the email client supports it.

Regards,
Tom

On 4/29/2015 3:22 PM, net bat via Talk wrote:
with wlm you do not need to use f8.
you can highlight copy and paste with the normal windows commands
because browse mode is off.
go to the beginning of the text and  hold the shift key while arrowing
down the screen to the last line you want to move.  control x to cut to
clipboard. arrow to where you want it to be and paste the text with
control v.

-----Original Message----- From: Dave Basden via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:38 AM
To: Pamela Dominguez ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Disgussion of problems with keyboards.

When composing one sometimes needs to rearrange
by moving a phrase from one place to another.

At 09:50 AM 4/29/2015, you wrote:
Why would you want to use the f8 when composing an email? Pam.
-----Original Message----- From: via Talk Sent: Wednesday, April 29,
2015 12:34 AM To: Steve Jacobson ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Disgussion of problems with keyboards. Good morning
Steve, I haven't tried using the FN key in conjunction with the F8 key
combination, but here's what's going on. If I'm in an open email
message that I'm reading that someone sent me, and Hit the F8 key, it
will say selection start.  But if I try composing an email message to
someone and try too correct a mistake that I've made,  If I hit the F8
key by itself, it just sits there and doesn't say anything   afterI
press  it. -----Original Message----- From: Steve Jacobson via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:27 PM To: via Talk Subject: Re:
Disgussion of problems with keyboards. Just to be clear, are you
saying that neither your F8 or pressing F8 with the FN key works?  It
is a difficult scenario to imagine where F8 would work normally except
not with Window-Eyes. Best regards, Steve Jacobson On Tue, 28 Apr 2015
18:40:33 -0400, via Talk wrote: >    Good evening all, >As all of you
know after reading a few messages about the problem that >IG�m
having with my la laptop computer ,  IG�m still not able to use my
keyboyboards laptop delete key, nor am I able to use my F8 key too
begin the selection process.  Perhaps IG�m wrong tg too suggest
this, but I think that there might be a conflict problem between the
window eyes program, and keyboards on HP laptops.  I did have a
discussion with a tek support person about this issue.  I first tried
disabling the insert key layout, and then setting the keyboard too
laptop key layout, and had no success with any of these suggestions.
It was suggested, that I try hooking up  an external keyboard to the
laptop, and seeing if the two problems disappear.  The thing here is,
why should we be asked too do that when it means having to have to
carry an extra peace of hardware just to be able too use a delete key,
when there is a delete key that is already on a persons laptop
computer..  This is something I believe, that needs to be looked into
so that future problems like this donG�t have too happen for those
of us that use and wanwant too use laptops. This is not meant too be
interpreted as a chritizism towards the developers and programmers of
windoweyes, but I think that this issue needs too be addressed.
archives can be found at
archives can be found at
archives can be found at

List archives can be found at