I'm also getting an error message but this is due to excessive traffic. Everyone wants the upgrade right now. As far as it being paid, I don't think so, because it shows I have one sma count remaining, and i've had one remaining since version 9 came out. So I think we're all just gonna have to wait til the excitement dies down and we can give the servers a bit of a break.