some times you can load and asociate another set file for different screens.
is there more then one winamp set file from the w e settings folder?
or can you create and asociate another set file to the window you are talking about? if so then you could turn off the keyboard speech. or you could use the keyboard dictionary to change what the letter keys say. like change the v to volume up etc.

-----Original Message----- From: Reg Webb via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 12:57 AM
To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Subject: Keyboard verbosity in Winamp

Hi all
In the latest Winamp, with W-E9.2 and Windows7-64, once upon a time, I
had keyboard voice on with characters in the "jump to time" dialogue,
and in the "file info" dialogue, but not in the main and playlist
windows.
Now, in roder to hear what I'm typing in those dialogues, I have to have
"voice on with characters" on in the windows, which means that I hear "X"
and "V" when playing or stopping.
How do I get back to how it was please.  I currently have winamp.set
associated.  Is this still necessary with Jeff's scripts?

Thanks for any help

--
Reg
<regw...@btinternet.com>

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40comcast.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com