Listers, I can't believe that I'm dealing with this issue again. The worst part of it is, I can't remember just how I managed to get WE to speak characters when typing, and have the setting apply globally, as well as staying set. I have tried using the insert-1 key, and saving the setting, and also going to the settings menu in keyboard options and setting it there and typing ctrl-s, which I also did when doing the first mentioned thing, and it just wont stay put. Does anybody have any ideas as to what to do?

I'm really pulling my hair out over this one.

Larry