Hi Rod:
I got there typing sleep into the start box and picking one of the options.
The Dialog came up with the 2 combo boxes and I set both those puppies to
never.
I think this is a well defined problem  and this is another tweak that will
help stabalize WindowEyes so I don't get as many speech loss or reading
content problems.
Along with mucking with the mouse settings and letting WindowEyes start
speaking a line or so when switching between applications or opening a new
application I have reduced the speech drop outs and lockups by, a very rough
guess, 50 or better percent.
I still get them sometimes like when doing a read to end in Internet
Explorer or other programs but they were getting really bad a few months
ago.
I am not sure how ram allocation takes place, the WE team are C++ guys and
may be doing something that stuffs something into volitile ram that perhaps
would better be handled in some other way.
This is another reason I have pushed for WE Development using one of the
.net languages in Visual Studio to help avoid low level programming problems
or operating system problems on Windows boxes.
I don't know if this is the underlying cause but it could be.
OK, another one bites the dust and WE is now a little more stable since I
have turned off sleep mode it seems - no losing ram after sleeping since my
computer never sleeps, a sludge hammer approach but if it works and gets the
job done congrats to all who figured this out and indeed good job by the
client community!
Rick USA