From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+sclower=aisquared....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Rod Hutton via Talk
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2015 8:04 AM
To: 'Rick Thomas' <ofbgm...@mi.rr.com>; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: RE: losing speech--last Monday of month--early morning

Hi,

One possibility is an anti-virus scan scheduled task, and I prefer never to
allow these to run automatically.
Admittedly, since switching to Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows 7
64 bit system and now Windows Defender on my Windows 10 64 bit system, I
haven't seen any lockups of speech, at least not out of the blue without my
touching my keyboard.
One thing I have noticed on my Windows 10 system is when I am in the
Action center portion of the notification area and I press Windows-M to
attempt to go to my desktop icons, it is common for WE to lockup, requiring
me to press Control-Alt-W to reload, and this can take a good few seconds
before WE comes back.
To avoid this problem, I now tab out of the Action Center to go to the
icons.
Also, I did notice the other day that when my wireless keyboard loss battery
power, WE locked up and this was simply due to my trying to press keys.
When I put the new batteries into the keyboard and press Control-Alt-W, WE
came back, but isn't it interesting that this would cause a speech lockup?

I hope this helps,

Rod