Hi listers and AI Squared staff:

I sometimes use NLS cartridges to store books.

Previously, I have used the software from NLS to write-protect cartridges
and the controls spoke using WE fairly well.

The URL for the software is:

http://www.loc.gov/nls/mdd/DTBCartridgeWriteProtect-1.4.1.msi

With this latest version, running Windows 7, WE speaks the names of the
controls, but, all the checkboxes and radio buttons say "unchecked" no
matter what I do.  I could use the mouse keys and WE would read the
tool-tips, which would actually give me clues as to whether something was
marked or not.

In Windows 10, I can't get much to speak at all.

Anyone know why this program, once useable, is now much harder to use?