i have never heard of said software you mentioned. how did you know it existed? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Norton via Talk" <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
To: <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2015 6:24 PM
Subject: NLS DTBC Write Protect controls not speaking correctly or at all

Hi listers and AI Squared staff:

I sometimes use NLS cartridges to store books.

Previously, I have used the software from NLS to write-protect cartridges
and the controls spoke using WE fairly well.

The URL for the software is:

http://www.loc.gov/nls/mdd/DTBCartridgeWriteProtect-1.4.1.msi

With this latest version, running Windows 7, WE speaks the names of the
controls, but, all the checkboxes and radio buttons say "unchecked" no
matter what I do.  I could use the mouse keys and WE would read the
tool-tips, which would actually give me clues as to whether something was
marked or not.

In Windows 10, I can't get much to speak at all.

Anyone know why this program, once useable, is now much harder to use?

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/josephweakland%40att.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com