Hi THERE!
OK, using your example of a link do the following, using the arrow keys place the cursor on the first character then press 'F8'. W.E. will say something like selection start. You then use the arrow key to go over whatever it is that you are wishing to copy till you get to the end. You then press the'F8 key' again and W.e. will say copy to clipboard you simply press enter and it is on the clipboard. It does take a bit of getting use to, but I use this feature quite frequently. Hope this helps!
Have A Great Day! de
<KF8LT><Jim>.