Sky,

Open the WE control panel.
Verbosity, Common, Activated.
Tab down to Read entire dialogs and set it to no.

Hth,
Tom

On 11/28/2015 8:46 PM, Sky Mundell via Talk wrote:
Hi AI Squared staff. Sky here. I have a suggestion for the next version of
Window-Eyes. In other screen readers, like JAWS, NVDA, and System Access, if
I open up a dialog box, JAWS will read the dialog box, but not the entire
contents. For example, when I go into the run dialog box, JAWS, NVDA, and
System Access will say, "Run. Type the name of the folder, document, or
internet resource, and windows will open it for you. Followed by open combo
edit. In Window-Eyes, not only will it read the run information, but it will
read the buttons in tab order. Why is it doing that? It would be wonderful
for Window-Eyes to just read the dialog box, but not do a lot of yapping and
yapping.