I've read it since 1958.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: via Talk
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 2:05 PM
To: bj colt ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Interesting fb post

hmmm, you can't do poetry or a play in synthesized speech, Braille is
essential for that or hearing a dramatic reading, but sometimes you need
both.  I would not be without Braille.  I have read it for more than 60
years.

bj colt via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:

Hi Terry,

While I did read braille, speech has overtaken that method of
reading. When I did my Hon BA Social science course. I read hundreds
of books. I mean hundreds. I scanned in every single one of
them. Reading them in braille would have taken me abgout 40 years. My
fingertip senses have reduced dramatically because of playing the
guitar and neuropathy from Diabetes.

I could never go back to braille. At one time I did read 60 words a
minute. Which isn't fast, maybe between mid and high but not
fast. Some people could read it fast. However for the deaf bllind
1,000 dollars is something else. Or for those who prefer
braille. About time the price was brought down. Rip off bastards.lol

Live long and prosper, John