I had the same problem and a purchased an app called start 10 which converted the win 10 menu to a modified win7 version and we 9 reads it perfectly.

I still cannot read the notification menu without using the mouse pointer.
On 1/19/2016 7:26 AM, Steve Sweeney via Talk wrote:
Hi,
When I press the Windows key on my Wincows 10 machine I get the Cortana box but
no other items in a list.  How do I fix this so I have a start menue?
Thx -Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+n4ofl2=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Tony C via Talk
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 7:01 PM
To: window-eyes <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Windows 10 start menu

Ok, I used to have a pretty good mental pic of the start menu on win xp and
stuff, but I seem to be having trouble getting a mental pic of the start menus
and stuff on windows 10. OK,, I learned how to navigate the damn ribbons, LOL,
Now I gotta try and figure out how tonavigate the start menu and what the heck
“selected and unselected” items in the menus... Crap. LOL Any help will be

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/n4ofl2%40gmail.com.
List archives can be found at