The Classic shell start menu works very well with Windows 10.

On 1/19/2016 2:08 PM, tt8 via Talk wrote:
can the classic start menu be used in windows 10 ?

On 1/19/2016 10:26, Jim Grimsby JR. via Talk wrote:
another useful tool is AutoHotKey.  This will allow you to make short
cut keys all over the place.  Thus allowing you to start programs
quickly.  You can also turn your scripts in to executable   files if
you should want to.  A good reason for this is as follows.  I created
a short cut script to run on a computer.  I don't need the program on
this system.  I just put the .exe file on the system told it to run at
start up and it was good to go.
Another nice tool is classic  shell.  It allows you to use the classic
start menu interface.  This means you don't have to bother with the
new start menu if you don't want to.
In windows 8 and 8.1 I had a tool that works to remove the silly
ribbon in windows explorer and go back to the simple menu system.  Why
Microsoft thought the ribbon was a good idea I don't know.  How they
decided where they were going to put things is lost on me.
Any way hope that helps.  I will not say I know everything there is to
know either but I will say this is a wonderful operating system.  Yes
it is a work in progress but I am very happy with it so far and I
expect to get better.