have you tried using 7zip?

On 5/20/2016 12:20 PM, Dan Rathburn via Talk wrote:

Hello,

I'm not at all sure this is a WE problem. After years of downloading and extracting books from BARD, it no longer works. I connect the cartridge and navigate to it with Windows Explorer and go to the desktop where I download books temporarily. I select the book to extract, edit the path to the cartridge and hit the 'Extract' button. The computer goes silent for about 20 to 30 seconds and then I'm bounced to the Task Bar. The folder for the book is created but the folder is empty and I can't alt-tab to the cartridge. In the past few days, I have done only two things with the computer. One, I installed 3 optional updates from Windows Update. Two, I tried the OCR feature of Virtual View for the ffist time. I enabled the 'Windows TIF Ifilter before trying Virtual View. I unchecked the Windows TIF Ifilter after having the problem extracting books. I have not uninstalled the latest updates as yet but I will if recommended to do so.

I am running Windows 7 HP, WE 9.4 on an Acer laptop 64-bit with 3 gigs of ram.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/sunshine%40abe.midco.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com