The alt 2 on the top row certainly works well.  Thanks for that.

Neville.

On 3/06/2016 6:24 AM, Rebecca Lineberger via Talk wrote:
You can also press alt and tab twice to
"New Folder"
Or even quicker,
Press Alt and the number 2 on the top of the keyboard.
HTH.
Rebecca
-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+drlineberger=embarqmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Chris Skarstad via Talk
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 4:07 PM
To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Subject: Odd thing about creating folders in Windows 10

     Hi guys

I have, what appears to be an  odd thing going on, or at least I've
never seen this since I'm pretty knew to Windows 10. I've only had it
for a couple of weeks.  I've been told that the keystroke to create a
new folder in Windows 10 is control plus shift plus n.  Here's where the
odd thing comes into play.  When I have Window-eyes 9.4.0.0  running and
I press this keystroke, absolutely nothing happens.  Yet when I run
another screenreader, the dialogue to create a new folder comes up and I
can create the folder just fine.  What am I missing here? Does
Window-eyes have some kind of special, alternative keystroke to create a
new folder that I'm not aware of? I've never seen this and i'll be
honest I bet a lot of you haven't either so if you're stumped, you're
not alone. Is there a way I can create a new folder without having to
run another screenreader first? I shouldn't have to do that.

Thanks.

List archives can be found at