I think the suggestion to use the laptop’s “FN” key is on the right track.
There is a way to swap the functions so that to use the function keys directly
without the need to press “FN” with them. If you have a customer support number
for Lenovo you might give them a call and get help with this.

Regards,
Stan

Sent from my Mac Mini