Lots of stuff could cause this. one thing is malware/spyware. Use something like malware bytes or windows defender and see if your system has all kinds of bad stuff on it. the other thing you can do is remove temporary files and just do a general disc cleanup. Lastly, go through the list of installed programs, and remove stuff you never use at all. That can dramaticly speed things up.