I'm going to look like an idiot here, but here goes. I made a big mistake which explains why the hotkeys in the tutorial and people's advice didn't work.

Actually, I'm now using WE 9.5.3, Microsoft Office 2013, and Windows Live Mail as the email program. _This_ is the one that I am unable to access the spell checker. It really is the right one. So, is there a way to make the spell checker work with Window-Eyes? Kim Lingo

List archives can be found at