Hi all,

Is this actual policy or are people just panicking? Is wineyes going to be
fazed out?

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+darren_g_harris=btinternet....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Samuel Wilkins via Talk
Sent: 14 October 2016 20:28
To: bj colt via Talk
Subject: The Phasing Out of Window-Eyes

Hello John,

I have been drafting a letter to VFO because, as you know, there is
speculation that Window-Eyes is going to be phased out.  If it is, I am
not switching to Jaws, because I won't be able to afford it, amongst
other reasons.  However, in my letter, I have pointed out that if
Window-Eyes goes, it provides a significant problem for blind people
wanting to get into work, as not everyone has an access to work fund.
Moreover, one of the few ways we can work, especially for younger
people, is volunteering, and there, we may be in a crisis, as IT
technicians are paranoid about NVDA, since it is open source, and they
think it could contain a virus or compromise security in another way.
We would be in limbo, as they won't want NVDA, and they won't pay for
Jaws, as Access to Work won't pay for equipment for unpaid work, so you
would have to buy a license for every computer you use out of your own
pocket.  What do you think?  Also, I have heard that they are developing
both Magic and ZoomText.  How come they are doing that, but phasing out
Window-Eyes?  To me, this is a case of double standards.

--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins

List archives can be found at