Hello John,

I have been drafting a letter to VFO because, as you know, there is speculation that Window-Eyes is going to be phased out. If it is, I am not switching to Jaws, because I won't be able to afford it, amongst other reasons. However, in my letter, I have pointed out that if Window-Eyes goes, it provides a significant problem for blind people wanting to get into work, as not everyone has an access to work fund. Moreover, one of the few ways we can work, especially for younger people, is volunteering, and there, we may be in a crisis, as IT technicians are paranoid about NVDA, since it is open source, and they think it could contain a virus or compromise security in another way. We would be in limbo, as they won't want NVDA, and they won't pay for Jaws, as Access to Work won't pay for equipment for unpaid work, so you would have to buy a license for every computer you use out of your own pocket. What do you think? Also, I have heard that they are developing both Magic and ZoomText. How come they are doing that, but phasing out Window-Eyes? To me, this is a case of double standards.

--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins