People come and go, just like times. :)

Big thing is not just that someone leaves, but to what extend someone
knowledgeable and experienced comes in, to fill their shoes. And for
sure, it adds up to quite a number of staff members, leaving in very
short time. Were they forced to, did they decide the new company was not
for them, or did they already have plans - just needed an excuse? I do
not think anyone of us should start spiculating.

I am concerned to see so many leave at the same time, or at least in a
shorter period. The words we were told earlier:

     "no changes for the first six months..."

Sure did not stick, did they. But noone could promise such a thing.
Personal decisions are hard to predict. yet we all would know, that a
company fusion - openly admitted or not - ALWAYS causes slim-downs. One
question seems valid here, and that is to what extend this slimming down
only took place in the Window-Eyes department, or if it actually found
its way all cross the new board.

Biggest mistake I find the new company does, is to leave their customers
in vain, and speculating. Good information on what is taking place, what
would be the plans (if any exists), and how reorganization will affect
the customers - all seems to be valid concerns for the market. Had they
given us the notice that EVERY staff member of the Window-Eyes team
would be dismissed in six months, well then it would have been a sad
news, but it at least would have left us all informed. Had they told us
open-heartedly, that they were planning to replace them with someone
else - over whoever knows how long a time frame - at least we would have
known what was going on, hence could have dealt with the facts. But the
way it is now, we just keep spiculating. And honestly list members, it
is not going to take us anywhere.

Sad to see them all leaving, but more concerned what is going to be the
replacement, or outcome of it all. For now, I am going to enjoy the
screen reader the way it is. Except from that, I have put all further
app development for the community on ice, till things are cleared up.
And I guess few other developers are going to be overly eager on
maintaining and invent apps, long as we do not know what the future of
the screen reader will be.

Just keep in mind, it is just about six months now, so who knows if we
soon will have some more and leading information from the administration
department. Whatever will be, I guess noone cares to tell us, until they
find it the right time. Smiles.