I can think of a reason to keep the secret. Follow the money. As long as there are people willing to purchase the product and spend money on an sma, why would you say you were dropping the product? Most GW Micro people are gone, and there has been no announcement of continuing development or product support. Just because they are willing to sell you Window-eyes doesn't mean there will be further development or for that matter, support after the sale. They'll take the money and laugh all the way to the bank.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148