I use Becky! because I can go through a lot of mail in a hurry if needed,
or even display mail with html formatting using it's ability through IE
to properly display it, and the filters work for handling mail into
separate mailboxes automatically.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 05:58:34 -0800
Dave via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For those of you who have used more than one Email program, if you have
> an opinion as to which program you like the best, would you share that
> opinion?
>
> I currently use Becky, and it works, but it has its quirks.
>
> I used Eudora a very long time, but grew tired of jumping through the
> Hoops needed to make it work in the next version of MS Windows.    And
> the 7.1 version has a few Bugs that never were fixed before the Company
> retired Eudora.
>
> Windows Live Mail is used by some, but Microsoft has just said that
> Windows Live Mail will no longer be supported,.  I would still use it,
> if WLM is quick and simple to use.
>
> The Email program that comes in Win 10 is an alternative to Windows Live
> Mail.  I have not looked at it yet, but have listened to a video about
> it.  Kind of a functional no fancy features kind of program.  I might
> check it out, providing it works well enough with Window Eyes.
>
> And then there is Thunderbird.  I used Thunderbird about four years ago.
> Had it at work and I never liked it much, especially the Spell Checker.
> I like getting a list of word possibilities, and if I recall,
> Thunderbird doesn't give much in the way of a list.
>
> However, several updates have come and gone since I used it, and so if
> any here use Thunderbird and love it.  Tell me why you love it.
> Also The Window Eyes Support for Thunderbird might be better today than
> in the past.  I like a program where the Screen Reader allows me to read
> the screens well.  Moving around with the Tab key doesn't take me into
> areas the Screen Reader doesn't read etc.
>

> And if there are any Email programs I haven't mentioned, and you use
> them, and like them, would you tell me about them as well?
>
> Thanks for any opinions.
>
> Grumpy Dave
>

> --
> Dave <dlh...@centurylink.net>