NVDA is no where as good as WE or jaws.

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+dennisl1982=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Brenda via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:57 PM
To: ukekearu...@valtdnet.com; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Returning to list - what's going on with GW and AISquared

Just in case, can anyone tell me how to go about learning NVDA? If I launch
NVDA with W-e running, which one is dominent.  do they conflict with each
other?  do I need to turn off W-e in order to learn NVDA?

I will keep W-E as long as I can especially with 2 SMAs left, but with the
changes in how to contact tech support including possible time delays, I
figure I better have a back-up.

thanks for any guidance.

brenda

On 1/25/2017 4:42 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. via Talk
wrote:
> I think I am out of SMA counts!  I want to renew it, but I am NOT
> encouraged or as enthusiastic as I should be with respect to
> Window-Eyes!  May be I'll watch the space for another year if I have one
to spare?

> For more than 20 years, Window-Eyes has kept me in business!  When my
> company was a Moneygram agent, Marc helped to CONFIGURE the Java
> Bridge thingy which then enabled me to use Moneygram's inaccessible
> app even though the silly app was NOT COMPLETELY accessible from a
blindness perspective.
> Even their blind employee who used the other screen reader COULD NOT
> help me, but Marc, now gone, WAVED THE MAGIC WAND and voilá, it was
> business as usual.
>
> I had a POS app no longer updated by its original developer for which Mr.
> Clower helped to write scripts!
>
> Although I can't find the plugs for whatever reason I can't fathom
> presently, I still have the external speech synthesizer Speak-Out!  If
> I ever find its plugs, I'd like to take it for a test drive still with
> Window-Eyes!  It worked wonders with Vocal-Eyes, who remembers that
> one?  In my ancient and modern DOS box that also has an installation
> of Windows-For-Workgroups 3.11, Sounding Board is still CRANKING OUT
speech.
> See how far I have come with GW Micro?  I'm sure there are folks whose
> mileages are better than mine, but, it was GW Micro's Vocal-Eyes that
> finally allowed me to vegetate towards learning to use a computer.
>
> Having said the foregoing, where's WordStar?  Where's WindowBridge?
> Where's Artic?  And where's ASAW?
>
> So many swamps have been drained overtime; I sure hope that CLIMATE
> CHANGE won't drain this one for just a while yet!
>
> Sincerely,
> Olusegun
> Denver, Colorado
>

> ---