I'm not in a big hurry.I want to learn the Mac anyway, but WE works maybe "fair" with windows 10, and that is being generous. There's been an ongoing issue with WLM for the last 6 years and it still barely works with WLM. Being loyal is one thing being dumb enough to keep buying SMA's and then everytime you have an issue , it's always the same issue in the end. They tell you it's a Windows problem or the website isn't accessible. That doesn't fly when you can use that very website with NVDA, etc

gmail.com ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: making the switch

w e, is falling way behind since they were taken over.
i hope its just because they are waiting for windows 10 creator to come out.
***
pop up dialogs that don't speak, even when useing shift control escape to read
them.
its worse with windows 10
includeing the u a c.
buttons that don't say what they are. like with itunes when i want to hide the
apps i don't want to show in the perchased list.
not being able to open the firefox bookmark list with control i without w e
hanghing. i have to turn auto load and browse mode off before i open it. then w
e will not hang.
not being able to get the food prices when useing the safeway.com site to buy groceries. it only says price and price in the search results. i have to turn
brows mode off on every item in the list to get the prices.
i can not even use the delivery schedual because i don't know where i am in the
list.
nvda works for all of these issues.
my speach synth neo speech and ivona keeps re reading web page text over and
over again with read to end. speech stops where ever there is several blank
lines between paragraphs. this happens with notepad, adobe reader, firefox,wlm
and i e 11.
i have to keep pressing the read to end keys to continue reading the pages.
this started when browse mode was re written a few years ago.
it does this with both windows 7 and 10.
the only synth that does not do this is elaquence reed. it will read to the end
of the pages non stop.
i can use both synths with nvda and this does not happen.
the list goes on and on.

-----Original Message----- From: Jim via Talk