From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Andre via Talk
Sent: November 16, 2017 4:09 PM
To: 'Window-Eyes Discussion List' <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Cc: Andre <stepse...@comcast.net>
Subject: NVDA and Touch Screens

I was wondering about NVDA and touch screens. I have to help my son access
ABC Mouse on a pc running Windows 10 (fall creators). It seems like
something has changed. Maybe not though. Basically my question is:

Is it possible to keep NVDA running (for me) and still allow him to just use
the regular touch screen gestures? For instance, when I have him on YouTube
and I'm running NVDA so I can choose what I want him to watch, he can't just
tap on play/pause and have it play or pause the video. I have to completely
quit NVDA. After doing a Google search, I tried the sleep mode, but that
didn't seem to work either. So are there any addons I can get to negate the
nvda touch gestures, etc.?

Hopefully you understand what I'm asking. If not, please let me know. By the
way, I'm no NVDA expert either. I know he can just touch the screen when I'm
running Window-Eyes, but my browse mode feature disappeared and that was WE
9.5.4. I'm trying NVDA 2017.3. I think that's what it's called. So is there
a way to keep NVDA running and turn off its touch support? I figure if I can
do that, then that will kind of simulate Window-Eyes' browse mode.

Thanks a lot for your help.