Hi again, Rod,

I just noticed that the extra verbage comes when pressing the up and down arrows also.

Carol

On 1/14/2018 6:53 PM, Rod Hutton via Talk wrote:
Hi Carol,

In addition to recommending that you upgrade the current build of GoldWave
(since it works just fine for me with the current version of WE), here's the
solution to your problem:

How to make GoldWave respond better:
GoldWave tends to be sluggish when using a screen reader until one deactivates
visual effects as follows:
1. On the Options menu, choose Control Properties.
2. Choose the Visual tab using Control-tab, or by tabbing to the tab control
and activating the desired tab using arrow keys.  Focus tends to jump around
and so you will have to tab to the tab control again to confirm that the proper
tab has been reached.
3. In each combo box which contains an option named "blank", set it to this
option.
4. Choose the Ok button and you're finished.

Best,

Rod

Sent from Outlook for Windows