tap the home button 3 times real fast and voice over will turn on. then you can go through the setup yourself.

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Kingston via Talk
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2018 6:35 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Cc: Tom Kingston
Subject: Totally OT! How to get a new iPhone talking out of the box?

I've got a new iPhone coming tomorrow and assume Siri won't work out of
the box and the triple button press isn't on by default. Any way to get
it talking or do I have to wait for eyes?
Thanks,
Tom

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40comcast.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com