That may not work when you first set it up cos siri will need wifi or data.

cheers Michael.

On 6/02/2018 1:32 AM, Moe Adl via Talk wrote:
Hold down the home botten until you hear a dink , then say "turn on voice
over"that will turn the voice over on and yu  can set the speaking rate at
what ever rate you like by going to setting, general, then accessibility,
select that, then go to speech and set the speaking rate and other item that
you like.
I  hope that help you start.

Moe. then go to

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+madl=comcast....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of michael fridey via Talk
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018 2:26 AM
To: net bat via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Cc: michael fridey <michaelandjea...@aapt.net.au>
Subject: Re: Totally OT! How to get a new iPhone talking out of the box?

it could be 3 times then i know when i got my i phone 5 c nearly 3 years ago
i thought i pressed home 5 times but iit might have been 3 times.

On 5/02/2018 3:02 PM, net bat via Talk wrote:
tap the home button 3 times real fast and voice over will turn on.
then you can go through the setup yourself.

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Kingston via Talk