Thanks, at least you got me on the right track. For everyone's benefit,
below is the method outlined. As such, I hope we have contributed to
make the daily computing somehow easier for other users. Sure saves some
time, when you have to delete several files in a given folder.

1. Open the folder in Windows Explorer.
2. Arrow to the first file you want to mark.
3. Press Ctrl-Space, which will deselect all files in the folder.
4. Press Ctrl-Space again, which will select the currently focused file.
5. Importantly, Keep holding down the Ctrl-key, and use your Up- and
Down-keys, to scroll to the next file you want to mark.
6. Reaching the next file of interest, again press Ctrl-Space, to have
it marked out.
7. Keep repeating steps 5 and 6, till you have selected all files of
your interest.
8. Once you are done selecting, you can let go of the Ctrl-key.
9. Now that you have the files sselected, you can either press the
Del-key to have them removed from your computer; or, you can use the
Ctrl-C to copy, or rather the Ctrl-X to move the files to another
location on your system.

Hope this helps everyone. Thanks again for the assistance.

David