Larry, if you have JFW, you can use FS Reader to read Daisy books.

At 03:07 PM 2/18/2020, Larry Higgins via Talk, wrote:
Well, I kinda made a move toward Chrome this past Sunday, and got distracted by I don't remember what. If I want to keep reading my Bookshare books, guess that's what I'm gonna have to do. I have tried the new Chromium Edge, and so far I am amazed as to how well it still seems to work with WE. The major problem being is the DAISY issue. As for Net Bat's suggestion to try opening a new account and see if things don't clear up, I have never done that before, so hope that process doesn't prove to be tricky. I have had enough computer drama to last me for at least a year over the past week. If anyone can come up with anything else, or encourage changing accounts, guess that would be fine, just as long as it works <smile>. On 2/18/2020 1:17 PM, tony c via Talk wrote: > I have noticed that with every windows update IE becomes less and less stable and lest functional. I’ve started using Chrome a lot more trying to make the switch before I’m forced to do it all at once. Lol > > Sent from Mail for Windows 10 > > From: net bat2 via Talk > Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:00 PM > To: Window-Eyes Discussion List > Cc: net bat2 > Subject: Re: One hell of a head scratcher > > what can i tell ya! > are you useing i e or edge? > if it is the original edge w e may not work with it. it might work with the > just released chrome based edge browser. > it is suppose to be a windows update so you may not have it yet. > even so you may have to turn off a setting in edge. > i don't remember what its called. something like u i automation? its a edge > setting. even the last jaws update did not support this setting until now and > had to be disabled. > *** > do you have another account on your computer you can try? > my problem with w e was the number pad keys would be remapped almost every time > i loaded window eyes. > like the number 5 key was the left mouse button. then it was both the left and > right mous button when i pressed it the next time i loaded w e. > i changed the key to another key but it was remapped to the escape key. not the > key i changed it to. > but this only happened with my administrator account. the standard account > worked fine. > i tried copying the default profile folder from one account to the other. same > problem. > this is with windows 10 19.9 > i deleted the administrator account. it asked me if i wanted to keep my files. > i said yes. after i deleted it i used the same account user name and all of the > files and desktop icons were transfered to the new account. > the only problem is it set w e,jaws and n v d a back to the factory defaults. > but the number pad keys now work with w e the way its suppose to do. > i did not reinstall w e. > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Larry Higgins via Talk > Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 7:03 AM > To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com > Cc: Larry Higgins > Subject: One hell of a head scratcher > > Hello listers, > > > > I will begin by stating that I am using Window-Eyes 9.5.4.0. > > I sure hope that there are enough people with the expertise left on this > list that might be prepared to help me with a rather vexing issue. > > > To name the issue first. I can no longer get WE to take any input from > the keyboard, at least as it relates to using browse mode. I can no > longer move from header to header for example, or for that matter, even > set bookmarks. I mean, WE has just gone nearly completely dead when > using IE11. But now for the rest of the story. > > > I recently experienced an computer access issue after updating my HP > Pavilion computer through the Support Assist feature. My theory on that > is that the newer BIOS was not compatible with Windows 10, as strange as > that might sound. This apparently been an issue among HP users, and > especially Pavilion users. These desktop computers use an AMD CPU, and > the thinking is that AMD and MS aren't communicating with each other > very well lately. Anyway, I plan to call my Geek Squad people back today > to see if they can't clarify just what might have happened. As it is, > The Geeks left me with an 1803 build, Where as before I was up to 1903, > but at this point, I don't dare to update to 1909 fearing that the same > issue might arise. > > > Now back to WE. I have reinstalled, and fiddled around with things in > the control panel, but to no avail. > > > The thing is, it works with both Chromium Edge (latest stable build) as > well as Thunderbird, as both will allow the use of WE in browse mode, > but not IE. > > > If someone could please give me any pointers, it would be greatly > appreciated. > > > Oh yes, as a post script, IE is still important to me because apparently > Edge is still not able to work with DAISY text books from Bookshare. > > > I have to say that this thing really kinda creeps me out. IE is > practically a dead zone. > > > > > OK, Enough of the drama, any help again would really be appreciated. > > > Larry > > > _______________________________________________ > Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author > and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared. > > For membership options, visit > http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/netbat%40comcast.net. > For subscription options, visit > http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com > List archives can be found at > http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com > > _______________________________________________ > Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared. > > For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/tch828%40mediacombb.net. > For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com > List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com > > _______________________________________________ > Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared. > > For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/larryhiggins22%40comcast.net. > For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com > List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com _______________________________________________ Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared. For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/jschwery%40centurylink.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com

                John