Sorry for going on so long.

Best wishes

Mike.

On 07/09/2020 15:58, peter Chin via Talk wrote:
Hello Rod,

Could you please tell us which were the apps which were giving trouble to
Wineyes?

A friend of mine didn't like WinEyes because she said, it was very slugish.
-----Original Message----- From: Rod Hutton via Talk
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2020 10:51 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Cc: Rod Hutton
Subject: Re: Win 10 And WE 9.5.4

Hi Tom,

At one time, there were a few apps which needed to be either disabled or
uninstalled in order for Window-Eyes to work in Windows 10.
On my current system, which runs the latest version of Windows 10, this is
no longer true.
Without exception, every default Window-Eyes app is running here.
A few months back, someone had written to this list with the news that they
had even gotten an app update from the Window-Eyes server.
No doubt, this was because they had an outdated app, but I recall being very surprised to hear that app updates where available from the old Window-Eyes
server.
I know for certain that there was a time when the Window-Eyes app update
server was not active.
My guess is that there is some guardian angel or angels keeping Window-Eyes
working for the many people throughout the world who need it.
I am one of those who need it.
I have yet to find any other screen reader which allows me to manage the
connection and disconnection of attached devices between the host and
virtual machines on the current version of VMWare Workstation.
Indeed, this is very surprising to me, that is, that I cannot get Jaws or
NVDA or Narrator to focus those device icons, but the truth is before me,
and so I am saved by Window-Eyes.
Also, I have yet to find a screen reader which is as perky reading email in
Outlook which is part of Microsoft 365.
Microsoft 365 is the new name of Office 365, the subscription-based Office
product.
The Office Enhance and Outlook Enhance Window-Eyes apps work perfectly to
allow me to read and write in Outlook.
So, Tom, I simply want to suggest  that you don't give up on Window-Eyes.

Take good care,

Rod

Sent from Outlook for Windows

On 2020-08-31, 3:33 PM, "Talk on behalf of Tom via Talk"
<talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com on behalf of
talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:

   I've had Windows 10 for a few days now and it seemed to get
   worse each day. To day it's useless.

   Window-Eyes 9.5.4

   Could it be the APPS interfering with Windows 10?

   When I figure out how to remove Window-Eyes I'll try
   installing it with no apps.

   Thanks,

   Tom

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/kazejaed%40runbox.com. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com