Listas wrote:
>Sent: 14 February 2008 11:31 AM
>Cc: talk@openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Tracking with Palm and Tomtom
>
>Hello,
>Andy Robinson (blackadder) escribió:
>> Do you check:
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/TomTom
>>
>This is only for TomTom machines but I have a Palm OS PDA. I want to
>track zones but I don't know how to include street names in tracking. I
>think if I use TomTom maps and log these routes I can make my own gpx
>files to upload in Open Street Map. I want to track all of my zones
>because there isn't any track maked. Can you send me some ideas ?? I
>think if I track my routes with pathaway, cetus or coto, I only have
>positions, points of my route but I haven't street names, zone names...

Whichever method of obtaining traces you use you still need to gather the
street names separately, either by writing them down as you travel, by
photographing them, or by using a Dictaphone/voice recorder.

>I find this project today and I want to start today! I am very happy to
>contribute to it!

Do spend a little time to read the various newbie pages and FAQ stuff on the
wiki. You might also have a play with potlatch (the online editor accessed
via the "Edit" tab on the OSM home page) in practice mode before you upload
data for real. Its worth spending a little time to get to know the tools.

Cheers

Andy