80n wrote:
> This would be an interesting thing to try.
>
> AFAIK its relatively easy to add a new layer to the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> infrastructure
> and Osmarender could easily be adapted to render points from GPX files
> (perhaps using a pre-processor to convert GPX elements to OSM format
> nodes and ways).  I do wonder, however, whether the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> infrastrcuture
> is overkill, just for rendering tracklogs on a map.

OpenLayers can render KML files as lines.
(http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/kml-layer.html)

I'd rather have something client-side like this rather than adding yet
another layer to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] server (alternatively we could use a
different
[EMAIL PROTECTED] server for stuff like this).