On 25/02/2008 01:23, J.D. Schmidt wrote:
> Could this work with video media files ? I've invested in an Oregon
> Scientific ACT2000 solid state helmet cam ( http://tinyurl.com/22zaep )
> for use when driving my cityscooter. It has audio input too, but the
> audio tends to be drowned out by the motor and wind sounds. I'm planning
> on using it when mapping, logging data for Wigle and OSM on the laptop
> and the Magellan CrossoverGPS, and filming the route as well as
> roadsigns with the helmet cam (sample movie in DivX format on
> http://www.stage6.com/user/DutchDK ).

> the gpx log in JOSM could be great ;)

I am sure the same technique for syncing and controlling it would work.
We'd just need a video player. There appears to be a thing called "Java
Media Framework" which addresses this, and could probably just replace
the rather simple thread already there (at a brief glance it looks like
the interface is not too dissimilar). It may require users to install an
additional Java component, though I'm not sure.

So the answer is yes in principle, but don't expect it tomorrow.

David